Software Engineer – Hadoop
Software Engineering - Düsseldorf, Germany
- Level: Professionals
- Start date: As soon as possible
Software Engineer – Hadoop
Are you passionate about creatively using technology? Do you want the chance to work with databases operating at 1012 scale? Our Hadoop development team is looking for a skilled developer and expert on systems level who can help build and maintain our big data architecture. We want someone who can not only use but also build a complex Hadoop cluster and data pipeline infrastructure.
- As an expert in your field, you will design, implement and maintain data integration- and data warehouse-based solutions using Hadoop in streaming environments.
- Continuously improve our algorithms and approaches. On this note we encourage thinking outside the box and want our developers to challenge the status quo.
- Ensure the solutions being defined are reusable and follow standard design patterns and architecture principles of Hadoop.
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to other Software Development, Operations, Product and Business Intelligence teams to define deliverables and plans.
The ideal candidate:
- Has some experience in OOP using Java and other languages.
- Has some experience setting up and running Hadoop clusters utilizing the whole Hadoop infrastructure.
- Has experience in concurrent programming and complex algorithms.
- Has experience in engineering and administrating large-scale distributed systems in production environments and is able to model complex data structures.
- Has an understanding of configuration management systems and their concepts for mass configuration. Knowledge of GNU/Linux and networking (L2/L3) would be a plus.
- Holds a university degree in Computer Science.
- Is comfortable communicating in English (our company language). German language skills would also be a plus.
- Can start as soon as possible.
Life at trivago is…
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free code workshops and Hackathons, as well as the chance to contribute to our tech blog.
- Living in Düsseldorf, the 6th highest quality of living city in the world for expats.
- Please note that your CV and motivation letter must be written in English.
If you would like to learn more about the application process at trivago, please click here.